IBDP: Business Management
The goal of the IBDP Business Management course is to increase students' knowledge of and comprehension of business management theories as well as their proficiency with a variety of tools and approaches.
Analysis, discussion, and evaluation of local, national, and international business activity are skills that are taught to students. The course makes an effort to cover a variety of organizations from various industries as well as the socio-cultural and economic environments in which they function.
The course covers the fundamentals of business environment and organization, as well as the managerial activities of marketing, operations, finance, and human resources. The course enables students to build a comprehensive grasp of change, culture, ethics, globalization, innovation, and strategy via the investigation of six key concepts.
In this article, we will be giving you an overlook of the IBDP Business Management course aims and objectives, key features of the course and career benefits.
Aims and Objectives of the course
IBDP Business Management offers following aims and objectives:
- Empower students to think critically and strategically about personal and organizational behavior.
- Encourage students to have a comprehensive perspective on the business world
- Promote a holistic understanding of the business world
- Encourage people to consider business issues from many cultural viewpoints.
- Promote awareness of the significance of environmental, social, and ethical elements in the actions of individuals and organizations by enabling students to understand the nature and impact of change in a local, regional, and global context.
- Gain knowledge about the significance of innovation in the corporate world.
Key features of the curriculum
- Course offered at both HL and SL levels.
- 150 hours for SL and 240 for HL.
- Both internal and external mode of assessment is used.
- At the HL level, advanced studies and approaches are applied.
Benefits of choosing this course
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the business management tools, techniques and theories specified in the syllabus content
- Establish application and analysis of business decisions by explaining the issue(s) at stake, selecting and interpreting data, and applying appropriate tools, techniques, theories and concepts
- Evaluate a variety of appropriate skills to select and use quantitative and qualitative business tools, techniques and methods